The borwell team are leading a consortium helping Worcestershire businesses become more cyber secure. With consortium partners the National Cyber Skills Centre (NCSC) and the University of Worcester, our team is able to help improve the security of the businesses.
The Be Cyber Secure Programme aims to maximise the cyber security of SMEs based in Worcestershire, by offering specialist advice and support to improve cyber security. There is also a grant programme to enable improvements to be implemented.
Examples of the support available
Our team has to deliver more than 12 hours of consulting and technical advice and assistance in improving your security.
Examples of support delivered so far include:
- Gap analysis of current Information Assurance (IA) and IT security against the Cyber Essential Scheme (CES) standard
- Technical support closing the gap, and achieving CES certification
- Ethical penetration testing
- Vulnerability scanning and technical reports
- Software re-engineering to remove vulnerabilities
- Supply chain security risk assessments - identifying risks and developing strategies and policies
- Cyber Incident Planning - developing strategies and plans covering all aspects from technical recovery to Public Relations strategies, just in case
- General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) training
- General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) consulting - helping write your policies and procedures
- Cyber Security Refresher Training - for new and existing staff
- Data protection and confidentiality related employment terms and conditions
- Updating of the staff handbook
- Updating of operational processes and procedures
Following the 12 hours (or more) of the support aspect of the programme, there is a 45% matched grant of up to £20,000 for projects, consulting and training identified. These can be capital (e.g IT equipment) and revenue based (e.g. consulting) items. As long as they improve your security, the grant team at the growth hub will review your application before approving or rejecting it.
On-board onto the programme
Businesses in other regions - please contact us and we will explain the status of the programme in your area.
Eligibility criteria apply.