Software Challenge – Paint Calculator
The purpose of this software challenge is to give you an opportunity to showcase how you think code should be written. It should be a demonstration of your skills and opinions.
- The solution should be completed using a TDD approach
- Consider the use of comments where appropriate
- Ensure your code is clean and readable. We value readable code over “clever” solutions
- Ensure your solution contains a README with instructions on how to build and run your application
- Your submission should be in the form of a Git repository
- You should use Git tooling to provide a granular commit history
- You are free to use whatever tools, libraries, and frameworks that you see fit
- Prefer using technologies relevant to the role. For example, using web technologies for a web role
- Don’t be shy to showcase your DevOps enthusiasm or experience!
- State any assumptions made
- Limit your time to 4 hours, and explain what you would refine if you had more time on the project
Write a program that takes as input the dimensions of a room and outputs the following:
- Area of the floor
- Amount of paint required to paint the walls
- Volume of the room
How to submit your challenge?
Please send your challenge documentation and a link to your GitHub repo in an email to careers at borwell dot com along with your CV. In your email explain what you will bring to borwell and what borwell can do for you.
When we receive the challenge the team should get back to you within 7 working days. We will then invite you to have a 15 minute Teams call with us to review your challenge over Microsoft Teams. Then we may invite you in and show you around, and try to help you find where you might fit in best.